Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 75th Anniversary, Flash Gordon!!!

Yes, that's right..... on Sunday, January 7, 1934, King Features presented the very first Flash Gordon strip. Congrats, big guy!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Let's see... since the last time I posted.... We had BifBangPow release their first wave of Flash figures. The Sci-Fi Channel premiered and subsequently (thankfully?) cancelled their FG show. Ardden Entertainment has begun publishing a (quite nice) FG comic.

And what's next for Flash during this special anniversary year? BifBangPow has a second wave of figures planned for February. GoHero has a BEAUTIFUL 12-inch FG figure to be released during the first quarter. Ardden Ent. will be compiling a hardcover collection of the first six FG issues. And there are still plans for Flash to return to the silver screen.

And how am I personally going to celebrate Flash's 75th? I am planning out a commemorative stained glass window to be hung in the Mongo Museum (my attic). If that ever goes anywhere, I'll post some pics.

And, as usual, if I hear of any Flash goodies, I'll post here. See ya! :)

No comments: